Sunday, June 29, 2008

Arriving in Chicago


So, my flight from NYC to Chicago was delayed by 30 minutes. When we got on the plane, the pilot got on and said, "I'm from the Bronx. I fly like I drive: fast. There's a little weather ahead, but I avoid bad weather like I avoid potholes on the Van Wyck Expressway. I'll get you to Chicago on time." He did.

When deplaning at O'Hare, one guy was holding up the whole plane as he was messing with his luggage. Finally, after a few minutes, one of the flight attendants got on the PA, and in a slight, non-descript Russian-sounding accent said, "Cant ve please get the flow established?" I love this flight crew. American flight 1323.

Sandy had left Cinci at about 5:30am to drive up and meet me at O'Hare. Talk about perfect timing -- I waited less than 10 minutes for her to pick me up. We then found another comedian at Hertz, where we needed to add me as a driver to the car. The woman at the counter looked at me very seriously and said, "Sir, we have a new addendum to the additional driver contract. You must buy the primary driver either lunch or dinner. Her preference. If she doesn't want either, you can substitute for a shiny bauble. Does she know Sandy or what??

All in all, an excellent start to the trip.

No comments: