Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pizza, Beer and Fireworks

Friday, July 4 - It was an All-American Western evening on July 4th in Jackson Hole. First off, check out this tiny dog in the Harley hat. The dog seemed very docile, and I asked the owner if I could take a picture of him. The owner said with a smile, “Sure, it’s just a dollar.” I chuckled and thanked him. As a kind gesture, I reached out my hand like you always do when you approach a strange dog. All of a sudden he turned into a little demon and growled and bit me! So much for a friendly hello.

For dinner we went to Mountain High Pizza Pie, where my sister worked the cash register and made pizzas one summer when she was in college. This place was jumping. The line was out the door, and about half the customers were college kids. We outside in front and watched the kids show up with their 30-packs of Keystone Light. Ahh.. those were the days. The pizza was definitely the best I’ve had in a long time, and we tried local beers from the Snake River brewery.

After that, before the fireworks were shot of from Snow King Mountain, we make the obligatory visit to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar to have a beer sitting at the bar on saddles. Giddy up!

3 comments:

Mica said...

That dog is clearly evil!

Jen Todd Gray said...

YAY. I can still smell that pizza! Thanks for going to my old hash-slinging job!

Rommel said...

I can't think of a better way to spend the 4th. Also, I would pay $2 to take a pic of that hilarious looking dog.