Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Car

Sunday, July 6 - When we arrived in Portland, our plan was to switch to get a convertable to drive down the coast. Earlier in the day I said to Sandy, "It just occurred to me that we may not be able to fit all of our stuff into the trunk of a convertable..." So, when we got to Hertz, I let Yassim, the nice guy at the counter, know of my concern. He gave me the keys to a nice red Mustang convertable, and I rolled Sandy's suitcase out to give it a try. Well, you know where this is going... I couldn't even get her suitcase into the trunk. So much for our classic coastal drive with the top down.

The upside of this situation is that we got a full-size upgrade to a Toyota Camry, a huge improvment over the Honda Accord which we had driven for over 3,100 miles. Added bonus - it has a sunroof. At least we'll get a little sunshine.

No comments: